May bodhicitta, precious and sublime, arise where it has not yet come to be. Where it has arisen may it never fail, but grow and flourish more and more.
Unbroken lineages of wisdom traditions are rare in these times, and Kongtrul Rinpoche descends from a pure lineage of the Dzogpa Chenpo Longchen Nyingtik tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
We have two main study and practice centers in America: Phuntsok Choling in Colorado and Pema Osel in Vermont. Rinpoche teaches the core MSB programs at these two centers. In addition, MSB has several city centers or groups around the world where people gather for group meditation and study, and to listen to the LINK teachings together.
Browse to any of the calendars to find out more about the teaching schedules of Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche, Dungse Jampal Norbu, or Elizabeth Mattis Namgyel. View the upcoming events at Phuntsok Choling, Pema Osel, or find out who is giving the next LINK talk.
MSB is a part of the Longchen Nyingtik and Khyen-Kong-Chok-Sum lineages. (Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo, Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye, and Terton Chokgyur Lingpa, collectively known as Khyen-Kong-Chok-Sum, were the heart of the Rimé, or nonsectarian, movement, which did so much to preserve and harmonize all schools of Tibetan Buddhism in the nineteenth century.)
Mangala Shri Bhuti Store
The Crucial Point is a full-color annual journal featuring teachings and practice advice by Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche, Dungse Jampal Norbu, Elizabeth Mattis Namgyel, and other teachers in the Longchen Nyingtik lineage.
In this issue:
• Remembrance of Sangye, the 16th Gyalwang Karmapa – Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche pays tribute to His Holiness by sharing his personal memories of this enlightened Buddha
• Effortless Benefit – His Holiness Khyentse Rinpoche explicates Zurchungpa’s brief teaching on the four immeasurables
• No Getting around the Four Noble Truths – Dungse Jampal Norbu illuminates the Buddha’s foundational teachings
• The Path of Sacred World – Elizabeth Mattis Namgyel discusses pure perception in the Vajrayana
• Beyond Dualistic Mind – Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche’s commentary on key verses from Shantideva’s Wisdom Chapter
• What Makes a Human Birth Truly Precious? – Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche contemplates the four thoughts that turn one’s mind toward the Dharma
Also find past issues of the Crucial Point on Magcloud.